We are currently recruiting for an experienced Operations Manager to join the team.
About the role
With such a diverse range of programming planned for our unique venue, Depot requires an experienced Operations Manager at the helm to translate our clients visions into this impressive found space. This person will lead on the venue operations and run a tight ship to ensure best practice in terms of delivery and safety standard. They will be a key representative of the venue and have an integral role managing; staff, suppliers, logistics, site, facilities and more.
- Managing all logistical and operational planning for the venue and client events.
- Managing events from 100 to 10,000 capacity and all contractors required to deliver events of this scale on the ground
- Managing supplier and service contracts, negotiating fees, obtaining quotes, booking services and ensuring service standards.
- Reviewing and signing off client and supplier risk assessments, method statements, insurances, licences and other operational documentation
- Preparing and delivering venue operational policies and practices and be responsible for good practice and Health & Safety.
- Managing the venue operational and facilities budget and reconciling client accounts.
- Managing the site, facilities and duty management staff and contractors.
- Being responsible for the security of the building and managing the grounds.
- Working with the community and addressing any concerns
Skills, experience & attributes
- Extensive experience in a senior event operations role, ideally with experience in a large scale events venue.
- Demonstrate Health & Safety (or similar) qualifications.
- Confident and competent with event operations to the highest level.
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry legislations, general event licensing and documentation required.
- Proven experience of supplier procurement, working with authorities, producing safety documentation.
- Ideally be able to amend site plans and have a good understanding of technical production and AV.
- Demonstrate an ability to produce detailed, considered and accurate documentation.
- Proven experience of tackling problems head on knowing that the show must go on
- Be willing to step outside of the remit and work evenings and weekends as required by the role
- Be able to lead and motivate a team even when facing a challenge
Applications for this role will close on Friday 25th October 2019.
For further career opportunities at Depot at Mayfield, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.